Easter Egg Hunt

Today was the Easter Egg Hunt in Crawford. It always is so much fun. We get to see all of our friends. Specially the friends that live away. It was great to see Lisa and Zoe, I loved Lisa's new hair do. Chris and Julie came over from Chadron. And we always see our cousins from Belle Fourche, the Burns'. It was also great to see Chip and Alisha with her new foster baby, Mercedes (what beautiful eyes). Jim and I got to visit with Chad and Jessica, it's crazy how you can live so close but never see eathother. And of coarse everyone else! I always wished we had more time to visit.

The kids did great at the hunt. Braeley headed to the very last egg and worked her way back. KJ would grab 1 of the 5 that were around him and then head somewhere else. It's always fun to see all the kids' smiles and running around. They ended up winning a basketball, play-duh (OH NO!), a sand bucket w/ shovel, and sidewalk chalk.

I will tell you about a talk Braeley had with me just a couple of night ago and then again tonight. (Braeley is in 2nd grade and 7 years old) Braeley told me that the Easter Bunny that goes to the Hunt isn't real. My stomach DROPPED! I'm thinking to myself you are WAY to young to be thinking this way. I believe so I receive (right Dad?) I asked Braeley "why do you think this?" She told me that the 'fake' one wears makeup. Long story short it ended with me understanding the REAL Easter Bunny is resting so he/she can leave his/her gifts in the morning. Okay, my stomach is back up. YAY!!!! So when we were tucking in for bed, Braeley and I had our ritual talk at night. She says "Mom, that wasn't the real bunny today." I said how could you tell. She let me know I must have seen the tennie shoes. Whoops, did I forget to look at the bunnys feet? Oh my, I'm slacking as a mother.... I told her "Don't you think she needs shoes for that long trip she takes tonight?" She thought about it, yep that could be right. But she was wearing makeup, mom. Well so do I. "MOM, the REAL Bunny has an upside down triangle nose, not a human nose" WELL DUH! What the heck was I thinking. We both agreed we were happy the Easter Bunny has help so He/She can get some sleep before the long haul!

So, just a piece of advise to all the moms out there. Remember, little as possible.... You might not be getting the full story right away.

P.S. Grandma, we forgot the deviled eggs. Please leave one out for the Easter Bunny, we left him/her a note to head to your house for the treat! That's too for the yummy lunch, wow was it good!

HAPPY EASTER TOMOROW, I sure hope the Bunny arrives at your house with RUNNING SHOES ON!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That is a cute story about Braeley! You just never know what they are going to come up with! Sorry I missed talking you you today! I was with the kids in line to get there prizes. Have a Happy Easter!

Kim said...

I wish my kids were still little! The Easter Bunny left suprises in a wal mart bag at our house. He even left one for Dal. Wish you were closer so I could play with the sidewalk chalk. Do you have sidewalks at your house or do you just draw on rocks?
Love ya,
Kim

Kadee said...

Thanks so much! Happy Easter to you too!! I miss you and I think you should come here more often then once every two years. JK. You some here more then that. But anyway I have school tomorrow and it is late and if I stay on the computer any longer my mom will get mad at me. I will talk to you later. BTW I updated my blog again!!
*Kadee!!

Kadee said...

Oh my gosh! my dad said if you were out here yesterday and you wanted those pancakes you wouldn't have got them cuz he is sick. But too bad for you we get them almost every sunday! They are our favorite. They are our tradition. Every Sunday! But I would make them for you. But you would have to buy all the eggs and milk and everything else!! Jk. I will talk to you later!
*Kadee